Archiving Projects-- TAPE vs. DVD

Doran L. Barton fozz at iodynamics.com
Thu Feb 9 19:41:33 MST 2006

dataw0lf wrote:
> We use NetVault with two AIT-3 tape changers/autoloaders for archiving
> specifically, and I have absolutely no complaints.

NetVault is a four letter word. It is exactly because of this kind of piece
of crap software that I abhor commercially licensed software.

We've got three clients using NetVault right now. Two with LTO drives and
one with DLT. All three of the backup systems are unreliable, unstable and
difficult to manage. I would NEVER recommend NetVault to anyone.

We're installing bacula and playing with it this week.

  "Do not use elevator while causing fire!"
     -- Sign in a Japan building