Is anyone a perl monger anymore?

Jacob Fugal lukfugl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 10:05:22 MST 2006

On 2/9/06, justin gedge <jgedge at amis.com> wrote:
> Jason Hall wrote:
>
> > Next month sco++ is presenting on GTK2 and Perl...
>
> Where did the sco++ nick name / handle come from?  Sounds like there
> could be a good story behind this...  If there is- please share it w/
> the rest of PLUG.

sco++ is also known as Scott. Recently, Scott ran in the elections for
part of the BYU UUG leadership (Vice President, I believe). The
election involved some good-natured mock mud slinging, during which
one of Scott's opponents pointed out the similarity between Scott's
name and SCO. Scott "embraced and extended" the jibe by adopting the
handle sco++. It's stuck ever since.

Jacob Fugal