February's PLUG Metting -- need a little help

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Tue Feb 7 20:33:57 MST 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 10:37:45AM -0700, justin gedge wrote:
> I'm presenting on LaTeX tomorrow night... need a little help.
>
> 1] my laptop has ATi Radeon xpress 200M graphics chipset.  the external
> video does NOT work under linux at the moment.  I strongly recomend
> NVIDIA based upon my limited experience w/ a personal machine and the
> machines at work w/ Nvidia chipsets...  I spent half hour+ messing

For what it's worth, I just plugged an external monitor into my brand
new Lenovo R51, which has a Radeon chipset (ATI Technologies Inc
Radeon Mobility M7 LW [Radeon Mobility 7500]). The connector was live
and it *just worked*. Details of the beastie are at
http://www.charlescurley.com/Lenovo.R51.html.

> I'm planning on posting notes afterwards-- but would like to provide
> hardcopies for those in attendance :-)

I shall be interested in the posted notes. Thank you.