verbose output to terminal from within shell script?

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at
Sat Feb 4 01:13:40 MST 2006

Wade Preston Shearer wrote:
>> How can I get those to the standard output?
> I just figured out why it isn't working. I was sending it to a log file
> with >>. That's rather embarrassing. :)
> So, my new question then is how do I send it to both (log and standard
> output)?

Same answer as before `tee`.

    tee - read from standard input and write to standard output and files
    tee [OPTION]... [FILE]...
    Copy standard input to each FILE, and also to standard output.
     -a, --append
              append to the given FILEs, do not overwrite
     -i, --ignore-interrupts
              ignore interrupt signals
              display this help and exit
              output version information and exit
     If a FILE is -, copy again to standard output.