Hope none of you use AOL - and Gmail, hotmail, Yahoo, etc.

Mister E Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Fri Feb 3 11:03:02 MST 2006

Dennis wrote:
> Steve wrote:
>
>> Thats Ok, the Spam companies will happily poney up the cash probably
>> on stolen credit cards.
>> AOL customers will get disgusted with the amount of spam they recieve
>> and hopefully wisen up enough to someone who doesn't do this.
>> Also if enough people are AOL email users, and they cannot get
>> important emails because AOL wants to charge the sender, there will be
>> an uproar.
>> Honestly I don't see HOW Aol even has a customer base anymore.
>>

> Yeah, I agree.  We send lots of email (not spam), and if AOL started
> this, We'd simply tell our customers that they can't get email from us
> at an AOL address.  Stick it in the FAQ, Stick AOL in the trash.

This is not limited to AOL.  Yahoo has started to implement this as
well.  Then, if gmail and hotmail services join up in similar fashion,
you will find that this resistance will no longer work or become mostly
ineffective.  At that point, you too will be assimilated into this
borg-like phenom.  If not, you will not be able to email most of the
consumers in the English speaking world without becoming certified or
using their proprietary services.  The two companies, that have already
started implementing this service, control a significant share of the
consumer email as it is.  Google is loosely tied to AOL and they might
follow suit to strengthen their advertising connections, unless they
figure out a "free" version for such a service :)

Mister Ed