Decent Struts docs?

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 18:11:37 MST 2006

On 12/30/06, Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> I'm also looking into Eclipse. It seems to have some nice features for
> editing Java. I already found one problem with it: I don't see any way
> to change a project's package, and it complains if you enter a
> different package into the source.

You can change a projects package (a project may actually have many
packages) by right-clicking on any package and choosing
Refactor->Rename (or Alt+Shift+R).  You can then rename the package to
anything you want.  Under the covers this operation will rename all of
the actual filesystem directories that make up the package namespace,
change the package name designated in all of your sub-packages, and
change the package and import statements in all of the applicable Java
files.  Eclipse rulez d00d.

If you're sticking with Eclipse (I use Eclipse), and you want to do
JSP/struts development, you'll need to install WTP (web tools
platform).  You can get WTP through Help -> Find Updates, and then
pick WTP.

> Thanks. I take it that's Utah Java User Group, www.ujug.org/. I shall.

Yes.

-Bryan