Geeky Gifts and Other Geek Holiday Stuff

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Sun Dec 31 07:07:11 MST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-30 at 21:54 -0700, Shane Hathaway wrote:

> On that note, I've observed that most of the shows my family records on
> MythTV come from PBS (KBYU or KUED).  Is that geeky or what?  I
> frequently search the program guide for new and interesting stuff, and
> more often than not the good stuff ends up on PBS.  Stuff like Red
> Green, old movies, British comedies, and concerts.

Same here, but my kids love nature and science shows.  I'm testing my
myth setup today to automatically record 4 hours of kued.  The best
thing about OTA HDTV is 3 kued stations!

> No, I do not work for PBS or anything remotely related. :-)

Same here.  But, yeah. I have yet to record anything off the major
networks.  Smallville looks pretty good, though.

Barry