Geeky Gifts and Other Geek Holiday Stuff

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Sat Dec 30 21:54:13 MST 2006

Barry Roberts wrote:
> I got a pcHDTV HD-5500 tuner card and plugged it in to my antenna.  OTA
> HTDV rocks.  I've recorded some awesome nature shows for my kids off
> KUED-HD at 1920x1080.

On that note, I've observed that most of the shows my family records on
MythTV come from PBS (KBYU or KUED).  Is that geeky or what?  I
frequently search the program guide for new and interesting stuff, and
more often than not the good stuff ends up on PBS.  Stuff like Red
Green, old movies, British comedies, and concerts.

No, I do not work for PBS or anything remotely related. :-)

Shane