Decent Struts docs?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Dec 30 17:07:17 MST 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 04:16:19PM -0700, Bryan Sant wrote:
> On 12/29/06, Charles Curley <charlescurley at charlescurley.com> wrote:
> >Are there any decent documents on struts? I have two books from
> >O'Reilly and a number of web sites, and I can't get answers to
> >questions.
> >
> >I can find my way around Java, know HTML and CSS and XML. But Struts
> >strikes me as another level of complexity for no apparent reason or
> >benefit.
> >

> <avoiding-your-question>
>
> Are you working on an existing system?  Do you have to use Struts?

Yes, I'm stuck with it.

> </avoiding-your-question>
>
> If you have to use struts, or want to use struts, then look into using
> a decent tool for Java development (vim and emacs don't qualify).
> NetBeans 5.5 will make Struts-based web development much easier.  As
> far as good documentation on struts, I think you have the best
> resources that I'm aware of.  The O'Reilly book and the apache website
> are the only things I've ever used (and some random tutorials).

I'll look into netbeans, thanks.

I'm also looking into Eclipse. It seems to have some nice features for
editing Java. I already found one problem with it: I don't see any way
to change a project's package, and it complains if you enter a
different package into the source.

Thanks. I take it that's Utah Java User Group, www.ujug.org/. I shall.