new hard drive trouble

Brian Beardall brian at rapsure.net
Sat Dec 30 13:35:02 MST 2006

I would get the sata II controller. The advantage of the sata II
controller is the addition of NCQ. NCQ is what helps make SCSI drives so
appealing and fast. NCQ is not available on most sata I contollers. If
you have PCI Express on your motherboard you should be able to get a
sata II contoller for about $30. If you only have PCI then you can get
one for about $63. Sata II is also backwards compatible with Sata I and
so it is a win win situation buying a sata II contoller.

Brian Beardall