Geeky Gifts and Other Geek Holiday Stuff

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Fri Dec 29 13:30:57 MST 2006

On Fri, 2006-12-29 at 10:38 -0700, Ryan Simpkins wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Interesting in hearing some geeky holiday stories. Did you do anything really
> facinating?

I got a pcHDTV HD-5500 tuner card and plugged it in to my antenna.  OTA
HTDV rocks.  I've recorded some awesome nature shows for my kids off
KUED-HD at 1920x1080.  When I get around to picking my antenna up off
the floor of the attic and actually aiming it, I'm hoping the occasional
minor (but definitely acceptable) visual glitches will go away or at
least be reduced.

My $30 antenna definitely gives me higher quality than crappy Comcast
analog cable.  At least here in east Orem.

That was fun.

Barry Roberts