How to ARP your network in two easy steps

Chris Carey chris.carey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 12:40:44 MST 2006

I did something similar when I hooked up 3 of my Linksys boxes (modded
with OpenWRT). They are running distributed wireless mode (WDS) in
order to expand the reach of the wireless netowork and I forgot to
enable spanning tree protocol (LAN_STP=1).

Apparently some loops were created within the Linksys's and it made
the switches go crazy. After enabling STP, everything was better.