Geeky Gifts and Other Geek Holiday Stuff

Jeff Nyman Jeff.Nyman at
Fri Dec 29 10:42:27 MST 2006

I got a 19" widescreen LCD and a 1 gig Kingston USB drive.
O and some jammies.

-----Original Message-----
From: plug-bounces at [mailto:plug-bounces at]On Behalf Of
Ryan Simpkins
Sent: Friday, December 29, 2006 10:38 AM
To: plug at
Subject: Geeky Gifts and Other Geek Holiday Stuff

Hi Everyone,

I don't want to put too much emphasis on 'stuff' since we all probably have
overdose. I am curious, from a discussion standpoint, what geeky gifts were
around out there.

Did you get a shiny used PIII 450 to load Linux on? Did you get a new hard
drive for
your MythTV install? Did you perhaps give the gift that keeps on giving:

Interesting in hearing some geeky holiday stories. Did you do anything

I did my geek thing. I made a web site for the fam. And of course, every
year, I
become family tech support for all those high-tech gadgets no one can figure
out how
to get working.

How about you?

PLUG:, #utah on