interesting read

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Wed Dec 27 16:28:02 MST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-27 at 15:44 -0700, brian at rapsure.net wrote:
> I just hope that
> Linux doesn't have to implement this AES-128 bit encryption to talk to
> the hardware.

That's the only question I have. If HDMI or SPDIF outputs won't work
with drivers that don't speak this encrypted nonsense, that would be a
true shame. I'm sure that's what Hollywood wants. It baffles me why the
tech industry is bowing to their whims. Maybe Google will buy one of
them out and smack some sense into the rest.

> I think this may be the first time
> I recall that someone is literally going to dictate how I can use my
> computer. Past DRM schemes only were annoyances, but this is truly
> telling me how I can use my computer.

So don't let them. I won't let Vista anywhere near my computers. I
refuse to let them dictate how I compute. What's next, will computers be
required to calculate 2 + 2 = 5?

Corey