Asterisk Configuration

Troy Bowman troy at dublan.net
Sun Dec 24 11:01:56 MST 2006

On Dec 21, 2006, at 1:54 PM, Levi Sorenson wrote:

>> I need to find a find a VOIP service and configure an Asterisk
>> server to
>> make out going calls only.
> This server will be in a Co Location with no access to an analog
> phone line.
> What is the best VOIP service to use with Asterisk?

I've been using voicepulse.  They have a special part of their
website that is only for asterisk users.  You don't have to have a
number with them to make outgoing calls.  You can set your callerid
to anything you want.

http://connect.voicepulse.com/

It's a pay-what-you-use service that is really cheap.  Most of the
calls I make to urban areas cost between half a penny and a penny per
minute.  To illustrate, an hour-long call to my sister in El Paso was
$0.006 per minute and cost me 36 cents.

../troy

> Do I need any additional hardware or software besides the Asterisk
> server?

You'll need an IP phone or softphone that can talk to the asterisk
server.

../troy