Open Source Financial Question

Daniel teletautala at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 14:52:15 MST 2006

I want to find or create open source software to parse SEC filings and
do calculations on the resultant data.  I make relavent comparisons
with benchmarks or other companies.  I also want to track historical
data for a company.  I suppose I could scrape a site like yahoo
finance, but I don't know about the legal implications of that
(copyrights and all).  If there is an open source solution for this
that would be great.  If not I will need help writting functions to
grab necessary data.  Can anyone help with this?

-Daniel