macbook trouble

Blake Barnett shadoi at nanovoid.com
Fri Dec 15 13:33:50 MST 2006

On Dec 14, 2006, at 8:04 PM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:

> Mine freezes every once in a while, but I have usually attributed
> it to crazy third-party applications.

Yeah, I usually know when to expect an issue.  Like when playing with
beta versions of Parallels.

> However, I have had what I consider to be heat issues which turn
> off the machine altogether which has created some HDD corruption
> which could in turn cause freezing as well.

I thought my HD problems were heat related as well, but from the
research I've done I'm fairly certain that it was just a bad hard
drive.  Get it replaced, they have quite high heat tolerances normally.

> There is a "Migration Assistant" that should be able to migrate all
> your stuff from one computer to another, although I have not used
> it yet.

I was just talking about this with my boss the other day, he used it
while he sent his Macbook Pro in to get a new case.  He was
_blown_away_ by how comprehensive and easy it was.  His account on
his Mac Mini is now an exact replica from his Macbook Pro (without
disk imaging, etc).  Pretty impressive.

-Blake