macbook trouble

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Thu Dec 14 17:51:37 MST 2006

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006 at 12:50 -0800, Blake Barnett wrote:
> There's something wrong with your machine, or the software on it.  I
> wouldn't put up with it.  Take it back in every time it crashes (Or
> take pictures everytime and save them up for a trip to the apple
> store.) until they replace parts or give you a new machine.  They
> will eventually.  :)

s/crash/freeze/

It was ordered through the school. They did get applecare but I don't
want to play the redtape game unless something really is bad. Even if it
was as simple as walking into the store, transferring stuff from one HDD
to the other is more of a pain than I want to deal with unless I know
something's wrong.

I don't think there's anything physically wrong, anyhow. It's maybe not
half as bad as windows - it does go a week or two between freezes.
Mostly I learn "don't do that" and it doesn't freeze, so I think it's
software issues.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach