sendmail woes

Daniel teletautala at
Thu Dec 14 15:42:19 MST 2006

I am using my webserver to send mail using php's mail function which
calls sendmail.  Some mail is coming back undeliverable because the
sender address is invalid.  The server name is
The sender address is apache at  I either need to
change the sender address to webmaster at or eliminate
the sender address altogether.  All mail from the district is
<username>  I have tried to change the file
/etc/mail/local-host-names and that just redirected the mail to the
webserver instead of the district mail server.  Can someone help me?