Amazon Simple Storage Service

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Mon Dec 11 20:39:29 MST 2006

Does anyone use S3 from Amazon for backing up data off-site or serving
static files?  It's pretty darn cheap, requires no hardware, scales, can
do HTTP and BitTorrent and a bunch of other cool things.

http://aws.amazon.com/s3

Pay only for what you use. There is no minimum fee, and no start-up
cost.

      * $0.15 per GB-Month of storage used.
      * $0.20 per GB of data transferred.

That's WAY cheaper far better then building my own RAIDed (and redundant
in every other way) server, paying for a colo and bandwidth in some
beefy data center and still having to admin it myself.

Are there other options out there that I've missed that are as
interesting?

Gabe