multiple disc archiving

Alex Esplin alex.esplin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 18:50:37 MST 2006

On 12/11/06, Christer Edwards <christer.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> Any utilities for Linux that you can suggest to automate that part of
> the process for me and backup ~60G of data to multiple DVDs?

If this is a process you're going to repeat very often, you might want
to look into another medium, like an external hard drive or something,
since by the time you repeat this process 10 times or so you'd be in
the range of buying an external hard drive anyway.

That said, I think I remember seeing somewhere an option in K3b (the
media creating suite on KDE) an option for a project that spanned
multiple disks.  I don't have PC's running Linux anymore (only Macs in
the house except my wife's Windows-burdened laptop) or I'd find out
for sure.  Someone that has K3b could probably verify this.

--
Alex Esplin