multiple disc archiving

Christer Edwards christer.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Dec 11 18:40:45 MST 2006

PLUG,

thanks for the earlier quick responses for my issue with the macbook.
This list is always great in getting some quick feedback.

Now, if you all don't mind I have another question that is (hopefully)
as easily solvable.

I plan to backup my media collection to DVD and I wonder if there is a
utility or command syntax (tar?) that would auto-span multiple discs.
I'm basing this from the old option within WinZip to span an archive
among multiple floppies.  I know, old school.

Basically, I understand that I will need about a dozen DVDs to archive
my media, but I'd rather not manually select & copy *just* the right
amount for each DVD.

Any utilities for Linux that you can suggest to automate that part of
the process for me and backup ~60G of data to multiple DVDs?
--
Christer Edwards
christer.edwards at gmail.com
http://christeredwards.com