macbook trouble

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at bluesunhosting.com
Mon Dec 11 12:25:25 MST 2006

On Mon, 11 Dec 2006, Alex Esplin wrote:

> On 12/11/06, Christer Edwards <christer.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I convinced a co-worker to buy a macbook instead of a new PC and,
>> somehow, he has managed to have it crash during his second day of use.
>>
>> The issue now is that anything over 256 colors has a very garbled
>> display--looks like 8bit color (really crappy) and doesn't display
>> correctly.
>
> How on earth did he pull that off????  A little more info would be
> nice.  MacBook Pro or 13" MacBook?  I'm assuming he's still running
> OSX and hasn't installed Linux yet/already.  Do you know what he was
> doing when he crashed it?

Yeah, has he done anything to it?  Is sounds like a driver issue or worst
case a video card issue.  Did he get the Apple Care support with it?  If
so, call them.  I have had good experiences with Apple Care support line.
Or he can run down the the Apple Store and talk to an expert in person.

Jonathan