Backing up Linux from Win2k3

Bryan Sant bryan.sant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 11:04:07 MST 2006

On 12/8/06, Gabriel Gunderson <gabe at gundy.org> wrote:
> Microsoft says...
>
> NTFS Size Limits -
> Architecturally: 16 exabytes minus 1 KB (2^64 bytes minus 1 KB)
> Implementation: 16 terabytes minus 64 KB (2^44 bytes minus 64 KB)
>
> 4 GB sure sounds small.  Where do you get that info?
>

> Gabe

I just like throwing out non-factual information to keep people
guessing.  As it turns out, the partition I copied a large tarball to
was in fact FAT32.  I was sure it was NTFS v5, but now I'm not so sure
because I have a dialog in front of me saying that it's FAT (but can I
REALLY trust a dialog from Microsoft?).

-Bryan
"I thought I made a mistake once...  But I was wrong."