Backing up Linux from Win2k3

Chris Carey chris.carey at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 09:28:15 MST 2006

I need to run an automated backup on a Win2k3 server of my Linux server.

I wrote some scripts on the Linux to shut down services, backup to a
dir, compress the dir to a zip/tar file with timestamp, start up
services back up. Now I just need to get them moved onto the backup
server.

The server is behind a corp firewall, and the Linux has a public IP on the net.

My first idea is to install cygwin on the Win2k3 server and setup "at"
to do the automation. I would use rsync over ssh to do the copy.

Just thought I'd ping the list to see if anyone has any other ideas of
a good way to go about it.

TIA,
Chris