Hand Pain

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Wed Aug 30 14:58:34 MDT 2006

I don't know if it will help your pinky, but if you do a lot of mousing
(e.g. web browsing or using GUI programs a lot) you might find relief
from a trackball. I try to avoid mousing, but when doing a lot of web
research it's hard to avoid and a trackball is a lot of help. I like the
logitech marble mouse.

Another thing you might try is paying attention to whether you rest your
wrists on the edge of the desk. If you do, then try not to. Try to get a
desk with a rounded corner or use one of those gel wrist thingies, if
you can't bring yourself not to rest your wrists on the edge of the
desk.