Getting a fair deal?

Grant Robinson santiago at mr-r.net
Wed Aug 30 11:45:23 MDT 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 10:43 AM, Stuart Jansen wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 11:48 -0400, Grant Shipley wrote:
>> I have wondered over the last year or so why so many in the open
>> source world consider OS-X an okay choice of operating system but are
>> still anti-windows.  Lets not forget that OS-X is not free.
>
> To put things in perspective, IIRC Grant is a Mac lover. Or was at
> least
> a few years ago. Unless I'm confusing him with another Grant.

I don't know how you can confuse the two of us. :)  Just cause we
have the same first name, that's no excuse.

I don't know as I would call myself a "Mac lover".  Merely that I
have yet to find an operating system and hardware combination that
works as seamlessly as the combination of Apple hardware and
software.  If I found something better, perhaps I would switch
again.  For now, it's all OS X.

Stewart is not anti-Apple hardware, just anti-Apple software (OS X).
He used to use a powerbook, if I am not mistaken.  He ran mostly (or
all?) linux on it.

Grant