Getting a fair deal?

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 10:57:34 MDT 2006

On 8/30/06, Stuart Jansen <sjansen at buscaluz.org> wrote:

> To put things in perspective, IIRC Grant is a Mac lover. Or was at least
> a few years ago. Unless I'm confusing him with another Grant.

I think you have me confused with another Grant.  I did have a mac for
a few months once, but I have never been a mac lover.

I have always been a die hard linux guy and have tried to work for
companies that create linux distributions:  Caldera for 5 years,
Novell for two (after the Suse purchase), and now Red Hat.

> I am anti-Windows because of the license. I've been sorely tempted by
> Mac OS X, but so far remembering the many times I've been burned by
> proprietary software has been a sufficient antidote. Perhaps other have
> a higher tolerance for pain, or a less consuming stubborn streak.

Don't be tempted by os-x.  Fedora Core 5/6 can look just as good.

I go through periods where I take an extreme approach.  For instance,
I only ran linux for three years and then went through a year or two
where I dual booted.  I am now back to the extreme where I only run
linux and look down on anyone who runs any non open source OS.
But hey, thats my choice. :)

--
Grant