Getting a fair deal?

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Aug 30 10:43:43 MDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 11:48 -0400, Grant Shipley wrote:
> I have wondered over the last year or so why so many in the open
> source world consider OS-X an okay choice of operating system but are
> still anti-windows.  Lets not forget that OS-X is not free.

To put things in perspective, IIRC Grant is a Mac lover. Or was at least
a few years ago. Unless I'm confusing him with another Grant.

Some people are just anti-Windows because of the technology. Who can
blame them if, like me, they switched to *nix because of Win98.

I am anti-Windows because of the license. I've been sorely tempted by
Mac OS X, but so far remembering the many times I've been burned by
proprietary software has been a sufficient antidote. Perhaps other have
a higher tolerance for pain, or a less consuming stubborn streak.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill