Media players crash on HTPC

Carl Youngblood carl at youngbloods.org
Wed Aug 30 10:32:39 MDT 2006

Thanks for the tip Brandon, the problem was indeed related to the
video drivers.  I was using the HDTV-out cable on my card, and the
drivers unfortunately don't support most of the video acceleration
stuff that mplayer and other software is trying to do.  Everything
worked fine when I hooked my regular VGA monitor up instead of my
HDTV.  That means I need to go out and buy a VGA-to-component
transcoder :^(

Carl