Getting a fair deal?

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Wed Aug 30 09:31:02 MDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-30 at 08:17 -0600, Steve wrote:
> I have been looking all over for a good quality laptop that's
> affordable i.e < $800 and am coming up a little short.

I splurged on my last laptop purchase and ever since then I've been glad
I did. Maintaining multiple computers is too much work, even if you try
to use as many net apps as possible. My laptop quickly became my primary
computer, then my only computer. Although my laptop is two years old, it
can still hold its own again many more modern machines. I plan to keep
it for another year. Don't go crazy, but if you can afford to bump your
price range up to ~ $2000 you'll be able to get a much better machine
with a longer life.

Stuart Jansen              e-mail/jabber: sjansen at buscaluz.org
                           google talk:   stuart.jansen at gmail.com

the results." -- Winston Churchill