Getting a fair deal?

Grant Shipley gshipley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:51:35 MDT 2006

I would search the deal sites (slickdeals.net dealnews.com etc) for a
deal on a dell.  If you want something a little more powerful, I
picked up the following machine about a month ago.

Price point: 1350.00

Dual Core 1.66
2GB ram
256 Video
120GB Drive
Wireless built in
Fingerprint reader for authentication
17 Inch widescreen running at 1440x900
It also came with a tv tuner and remote for windows media center.

I quickly removed Media Center and installed Fedora Core 5.  I did
have to install some additional rpms for the intel wireless card.
Other than that, it all worked out fine.

I know its a little more than you wanted to spend, but this laptop is
really nice for development...

--
Grant