Getting a fair deal?

Steve smorrey at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 08:17:30 MDT 2006

Hello everyone,
Recently I've started needing to make frequent trips between Orem and
Salt Lake.  Because of high gas prices, I am using mass transit and
have realized that the long waits at/on the bus/train would be a great
time to actually get some work done.
I have been looking all over for a good quality laptop that's
affordable i.e < $800 and am coming up a little short.  I want to get
a good deal on a laptop and I'm hoping that pluggers could give some
advice as to a place to go buy one.  I realize that this is a pretty
offtopic subject at first but one of my primary requirements on any
laptop would be the ability to dual boot and have the important bits
such as HW 3D and wireless function without much fuss or hassle.
So does anyone have any advice on this?
Thanks in advance!
Regards,