DSpam report

Scott Paul Robertson spr at mahonri5.net
Fri Aug 25 22:19:23 MDT 2006

Just to chime in with my thoughts on DSpam.

I've been running DSpam for about 8 months now. It's much faster and
lighter weight that spam-assassin was, which makes me happy. I recently
switched from procmail to running DSpam as the postfix mailbox_command
(MTA), and haven't seen any problems.

I was troubled by an odd bug where DSpam would crash when run from
procmail, but not from anywhere else, which motivated my switch.

I average about 100 spam a day, with 50 legit messages. In a previous
DSpam setup that ran for about 6 months I had a 99% accuracy. Now with a
system that's been running for about 3 weeks, with ~3000 messages to
corpus train it I'm getting 97.41%.

As a note, if you don't get a lot of spam, save what spam you do get and
use that and legit emails (about 50/50 ratio) to corpus train DSpam, it
gets things working right much faster.

--
Scott Paul Robertson
http://spr.mahonri5.net