High Level Perl Jobs

Hill, Greg grhill at corp.untd.com
Tue Aug 22 10:45:58 MDT 2006

> Ok not that I'm applying for this job or trying to degrade the
> description, but is there a difference between regular perl and object
> oriented perl?

Yes, object-orientation was added some time after Perl 5 was released.
The syntax is a bit terse, but it covers the majority of object-oriented
concepts in one way or another.  But, Perl can also be used as a purely
procedural or functional language as well.  Most Perl developers mix the
three where it makes sense.  There are people who proclaim themselves
Perl developers who have never written a Class (aka package in Perl),
thus the need to differentiate the two.

Greg