mail to root, local only

Troy Bowman troy at dublan.net
Wed Aug 16 20:40:03 MDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 14:53 -0600, Louis Zirkel wrote:
> Gabriel Gunderson wrote:
>
> [ horrid sendmail configuration code snipped ]
>
> > Thanks for reminding me *why* I dropped it.
>
> amen to THAT!

Why such trollish statements?  :\

I like Sendmail.  I've stuck with Sendmail over the years because I've
already climbed the learning curve, and because of its total freedom to
do just about anything (including milters).

For what it's worth, that config was pretty simple in my opinion.  In 8
lines (minus comments), I defined exactly what Wade needed to be able to
generate a config file.  I could have made it shorter, but I put a
couple of extra things in there secure things up a bit.  Let me try
again to make an m4 config to generate a sendmail.cf that is even more
simple and still does what Wade needs:

--8<---
include(`/usr/share/sendmail-cf/m4/cf.m4')
OSTYPE(linux)
DOMAIN(generic)
-->8---

There.  That's the whole thing.  Is that truly complicated?  (In case
you're wondering, the local mailer is included by default).

I like linux.  Its more complicated configuration lets me have more
freedom to do what I want to do.  If I wanted things to be easy (yet
limited), I wouldn't have left Windows long ago.  The same idea goes for
Sendmail.

../troy