Debian package question

Daniel C. dcrookston at gmail.com
Tue Aug 15 08:35:47 MDT 2006

Okay, I've done my Google homework on this but haven't been able to
find anything.  Maybe I'm overlooking something, I don't know.
Anyway, is there a way to get a list of installed packages that are
redundant or have nothing depending on them?

I've been fiddling with my server, trying to get a few things working.
 They're working now (yay!) but I'm certain that I've left a bunch of
stuff sitting around that doesn't need to be there.  I tried to remove
packages properly as I backtracked but I'm sure that I missed a few
here and there.  So I'd like to go through and clean out anything I
missed.  dpkg -l lists all the installed packages but doesn't seem to
make a distinction between packages that are being "used" and those
that aren't.

Thanks,
Dan