html2png - thumbnails for pages

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Sat Aug 12 11:21:53 MDT 2006

Ok, I have looked high and low, downloaded script after script ...
Does anyone know of some way to take a snapshot of a rendered web page
and convert it to png?  Some command line utility that perhaps takes
advantage of the gecko engine or something akin to that?

I've seen the script that requires you to keep a browser window open
and it takes snapshots of what the browser renders, but that's
obviously not going to work.  I need it to work on a server basis.

even if there is a commercial linux app to do it, I'd be happy.

I'm very much at a loss here.

-- Matthew Frederico
http://www.ultrize.com
http://www.suspendedstudios.com