Fedora on Dell Power Edge 6400

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com
Thu Aug 10 10:31:55 MDT 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Brian Hawkins wrote:

> Jonathan Duncan wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Brian Hawkins wrote:
>>
>>> I recently acquired a dell power edge 6400 server and I have installed the
>>> latest Fedora on it.  Every thing works great except it will not turn off
>>> or reboot.  Any ideas on where I should start first in solving the
>>> problem?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Brian
>>>

>> Have you tried pulling out the power cord?
>>
>> Jonathan
>>
> OK let me clarify.  I can turn the power off but what I would like is to have
> the OS do it when shutting down.  And actually has three power cords and I
> have to pull all of them.
>
> Brian

How are you telling the computer to shutdown or reboot?  Commandline (init
6 or init 0) or a shutdown button in a gui environment?

When you tell the OS to shutdown or reboot, what does it do?  Does it go
through and kill all the processes and everything else in the shutdown
procedure and just stop at a blank screen when it is done?

Jonathan