PLUG Web Site

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Wed Aug 9 10:09:43 MDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

As most have you have noticed the PLUG site has gone through a "no-update" dry
spell. It finally got to me enough that I recently volunteered for the job, and
Jason Hall has given me the green light to proceed.

I often look at plug.org and think... "How can this be more useful? What can members
get out of this they are not getting out of it now? Is there untapped potential?"
I'm hoping others have asked similar questions, and would like to see some
improvements. Now that I am in a position to perhaps drive some changes, I'm
wondering what everyone thinks.

In order to make the PLUG web site more useful to you, _please_ respond to the
following e-mail. You can reply directly to me if you do not want the list to see
your answers. We will all really appreciate your answers and insight as it will end
up benefiting us all.

If you could have one (only one) of the following four things on the PLUG web site,
which one would you want?

1) A directory of members (name, contact, company, position, bio, etc).
2) A directory of FOSS friendly local businesses.
3) Regular highlights of the mailing list (ala kerneltrap).
4) Published member survey highlighting the local FOSS community.

Other ideas are good if you have some. Here are some additional 'survey' type
questions about the web site to hopefully spark a discussion about it...

How many times a month do you look at the PLUG site to see if it has been updated?

How many times have you visited in the last 3 months for the sole purpose of
obtaining meeting information (topic, time, or location)?

## Respond to the following statements in some way: ##

The PLUG web site layout is pleasing to me.

I like the colors, and the font is easy to read.

There are plenty of links for me to click on. Clickity, clickity.

I think the PLUG site could really be useful to me, if only...

For the sarcastic, tragic, and hopelessly lost - you get to respond to this:
The PLUG web PAGE (you call this a SITE!?!) is totally useless and will be that way
forever no matter what you do. I don't want to hear any more about it at all. Why
does the PLUG need a web site any way? No one cares! Argghhh! *fire shooting from
ears, head exploding, mushroom cloud*