Suse on Sata

Michael L Torrie torriem at chem.byu.edu
Mon Aug 7 17:36:33 MDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-07 at 17:27 -0600, Adam Fisher wrote:
> I have never had success and would never use a SATA drive in a
> production environment with any flavor of Linux.  I always prefer SCSI.
> However, I am volunteering for a non profit organization that went out
> and bought a 3 thousand dollar server from a company called Mendex.

I have been running only on SATA for the last year or so with Fedora
Core 3.  Works great.  Home environment, of course.

But, I have been using large-scale SATA arrays in production for 3 years
now, with no problems (4 terabytes).  Only lost one disk out of 28,
which is well beyond what statistics say should have happened.

Michael