Suse on Sata

Jonathan Duncan jonathan at jkdwebmagic.com
Mon Aug 7 14:25:37 MDT 2006

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006, Adam Fisher wrote:

> Does anybody and have walk thru's on installing Suse or Red hat on a
> Sata drive.  I tried some of Novell's stuff to no avail.
>
> Adam

I know it works.  I did it before, when I worked at Novell.  It seemed
inherent to the install procedure.  That was a couple years ago.  I would
think that support for SATA would be fully included in any SuSE install.
Then again, things could have changed.

I guess this is not really helpful information other than to say that it
can and has been done.  I do not have more information right now.

Jonathan