Spam filter training using IMAP

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Wed Aug 2 18:44:22 MDT 2006

I have a small mail server used by about a dozen family members.  I'd
like to set up a bayesian spam filter on the server and make it easy for
users to train their personal filters.  For a long while, I've wondered
how to make the training easy, but today it finally hit me: just have
the users put spam in a designated IMAP folder and "ham" in a different
folder.  Then re-train at night if the users have changed the ham or
spam folders during the day.

Before I go off and do this, has anyone else tried the same thing?  Was
it effective and easy to use?

Shane