Remote Control

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sat Apr 29 22:17:46 MDT 2006

So I got a cable for my Radeon 7000 and now can watch things on my TV,
pretty neat. I'm not doing MythTV or anything like that (no interesting
signals to justify a PVR), but I do find I would like some kind of
remote control. I know some of you are into MythTV and probably have run
this gauntlet before.

I'm not afraid of a DIY kit, provided it's something I could handle (no
experience in EE-like stuff whatsoever). I'm not afraid of a wireless
keyboard provided it's A) compactish, and B) affordable (<= $30).

By compactish I mean no silly wrist supports and no five inches of
internet buttons at the top.

I'd really prefer some sort of IR receiver that would work with LIRC,
has anyone trodden the path of EE ignoramus to successful IR DIY-er?

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach