WTF ELI

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Apr 27 21:38:53 MDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 21:05 -0600, Sterling Jacobson wrote:
> Is it just us, or has ELI been crap lately to various peer points on
> the west coast?
> I’m getting ping times in the thousands partially within and just
> outside of ELI network with tracert’s.

Don't know if it's related, but I got this email today from them...

ELI Internet Customer Support Notice:
------------------------------------

Electric Lightwave, Inc is reloading the CR01;RCRD
CR01:SNTD and the CR02:SNTD in Rancho, CA. They
will be doing this maintenance tonight;
April 27, 2006 at 11:30pm PDT. This work should
not be service affecting. Courtesy Notification
only. Please call with any questions or concerns.
REF# 42700191

Start:    Maintenance Activity will take place on April 27, 2006 at
11:30pm PDT.
Duration: No Outage anticipated;  Courtesy Notification

Affected: cr01.rcrd, cr01.sntd, cr02.sntd

 It is ELI's intent to minimize our maintenance outages both in duration
 and number of incidents per year while continuing to provide the best
 networking services in the region.

 If any questions arise prior to or after this event please E-mail us
 at support at support.eli.net with your questions or concerns.

 If you experience any conditions outside of the norm, please call the
 ELI Network Control and Management center (NCAM) at +1 800.622.4354 and
 have a trouble ticket opened.

 If you would like to be removed from this mailing list, please email
 <eli-inet-request at support.eli.net> with *only* the word UNSUBSCRIBE
 in the body of the message.

 Electric Lightwave, Inc. thanks you for your continued support.

Gabriel Gunderson
http://gundy.org/