Ubuntu Dapper Preferences->Screen Resolution

Chris Carey chris.carey at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 14:12:17 MDT 2006

My x.org is setup correctly with NVIDIA drivers. However, the
Preferences->Screen Resolution menu does not show the correct "Refresh
Rate" for my monitor. I'm looking for 60Hz and the only option is
75Hz.

The funny thing is, when GDM loads the graphical startup screen, the
Hz is at set correctly at 60. Its only after logging in that Gnome (?)
sets my screen to 75Hz and wont let me go down to 60. Since
"Preferences->Screen Resolution" is run as non-root, I'm assuming
there is some messed up setting in one of my user's hidden folers or
something.

Help!

Chris