Dealing with forged return addresses hitting my domains?

Michael Halcrow mike at halcrow.us
Fri Apr 21 09:19:18 MDT 2006

On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 09:18:31AM -0600, Kimball Larsen wrote:
> This being said, should I simply configure my mail server to send
> all these sorts of messages to /dev/null?  What implications arise
> from doing that?  Will my domain wind up blacklisted as a spammer if
> I simply bury my head in the sand and ignore the problem?

It's not your problem. Any service that blacklists your domain based
on forged email headers is broken, and any mail servers that
drop/bounce messages based on data from broken blacklist services are
also broken. Hence, it's their problem.

Mike
"Given the choice between dancing pigs and security, users will pick
dancing pigs every time."
 - Ed Felten