Favorite Repository for Mysql 5 on CentOS

Gary Thornock gthornock at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 15:40:04 MDT 2006

--- Jordan Gunderson <jordy at gundy.org> wrote:
> Blake B. wrote:
>> I just add the official MySQL packages to my own local
>> repository.
>
> I tried installing from the official RPMs but they didn't
> play well with my RPM database.  They showed as being *not*
> installed.  Kinda sucky really.
>
> I just thought someone must have a better way.  That, and I'll
> be left trying to find the PHP 5 RPMs and doing those by hand
> as well.  This is why they have repos in the first place,
> right?

I'd just go with the mysql.com RPMs, but when you do, you will
have to grab the PHP 5 SRPMs and do your own build.  You don't
need to make any changes to the spec file, a simple

  rpmbuild --rebuild --target x86_64 php5_something.srpm

will work fine to build what you need (and put it in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64/).

- Gary