Mysql Naming Convention

Jonathan Ellis jonathan at carnageblender.com
Wed Apr 19 11:00:17 MDT 2006

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:18:44 -0600, "Gregory Hill"
<Gregory_Hill at tni.com> said:
> Do you seriously think that XML is a suitable language to be used in the
> place of a relational database, or did you just want to argue for the
> sake of arguing?

There's no need to ascribe claims to me ("XML is a suitable language to
be
used in the place of a relational database") that I never made or
implied.

>  'Cause you just took a very minor part of my point,
> removed the context, and argued the semantics of it.

Your claim that putting data in XML was hardly a minor point; it was
central
to your argument that comparing table names and xml class names is dumb.

> Let me return the favor.
>
> > Could you replace all your "content" with zeros and still have it
> solve your problem?  [If not, then it's data.]
>
> That's so confused, I don't know where to start.  How could zeroing out
> your data solve any problem?

Are you always this touchy when someone points out that you're wrong?

-J