Mysql Naming Convention

Gregory Hill Gregory_Hill at
Wed Apr 19 10:18:44 MDT 2006

XML is used to encapsulate data so that it can be transmitted between
differing systems in a consistent format.  Think of RSS, AJAX, SOAP,
etc.  It was designed to replace SGML, of which HTML is a subset.

Do you seriously think that XML is a suitable language to be used in the
place of a relational database, or did you just want to argue for the
sake of arguing?  'Cause you just took a very minor part of my point,
removed the context, and argued the semantics of it.

Let me return the favor.

> Could you replace all your "content" with zeros and still have it
solve your problem?

That's so confused, I don't know where to start.  How could zeroing out
your data solve any problem?

And to answer your question, things I would use XML for does not include
storing dynamic data.  I'm not that masochistic.  Maybe I should have
stated more explicitly that the 'data' I was referring to was data that
should be stored in a relational database, but I thought that was
understood, given that this is a thread about relational databases.

If you feel like arguing my actual point, feel free.  If you want to
continue to argue semantics, then I'll pass.